Can I File For My Injured or Innocent Spouse?

Dr Friday Tax Tips - One Minute Moment
Dr. Friday Tax Tips
Can I File For My Injured or Innocent Spouse?

Dr. Friday 0:00
Good day. I’m Dr. Friday, president of Dr. Friday Tax and Financial Firm. To get more info go to This is a one-minute moment.

Dr. Friday 0:12
Injured or innocent spouses. Married couples typically file joint returns. The good news is that they usually get a better tax rate and qualify for nicer credits. The bad news is, is that the taxpayer can find themselves significantly impacted by their spouse’s financial problems. Meaning, maybe you’re married to someone that has to guess what? IRS debt or back child support. Those are the huge ones that we run into. And the question is, do you or should you be filing separate returns? Or can you file for an injured or innocent spouse? These are big questions that can put a lot of money in your pockets. If you need help, all you have to do is give me a call at 615-367-0819.

Announcer 0:51
You can catch the Dr. Friday call-in show live every Saturday afternoon from 2 pm to 3 pm right here on 99.7 WTN.