What To Do With an Incorrect W2 or 1099

Dr Friday Tax Tips - One Minute Moment
Dr. Friday Tax Tips
What To Do With an Incorrect W2 or 1099

Dr. Friday 0:00
Good day. I’m Dr. Friday, President of Dr. Friday’s Tax and Financial firm. To get more info go to www.drfriday.com. This is a one-minute moment.

Dr. Friday 0:12
What do you do if the W2 or 1099 that you have is incorrect? If it’s your social security number is not correct. Or maybe just your address, or is your name misspelled? What can you do if your employer refuses to correct it? First thing, remember all income earned, no matter if you receive a document or do not receive a document, you must report on a tax return. Second, are there ways of getting W2 Cs and 1099 NEC corrections on your own? If you need help with these kinds of things, call me at 615-367-0819.

Announcer 0:51
You can catch the Dr. Friday call-in show live every Saturday afternoon from 2 pm to 3 pm on 99.7 WTN.