“I Received A 1099 Instead of a W2. What Do I Do?”

Dr Friday Tax Tips - One Minute Moment
Dr. Friday Tax Tips
"I Received A 1099 Instead of a W2. What Do I Do?"

Dr. Friday 0:00
Good day. I’m Dr. Friday president of Dr. Friday’s tax and financial firm. To get more info go to www.drfriday.com. This is a one-minute moment.

Dr. Friday 0:12
I have a person that says they received 1099 instead of a W 2, but they’re not self-employed. “How do I report this on my tax return?” Well, sounds like misclassification if you’re not self-employed. 1099 would be for individuals that are operating their own business or being paid in that situation. So if you’re consulting or something like that you are considered self-employed. An employee is someone that receives a W 2 where deductions have come out of your check. So if you’re working for someone that is not treating you as a W 2 that is misclassification, and you might want to contact the Department of Labor. If not, you can go to drfriday.com.

Announcer 0:52
You can catch the Dr. Friday call-in show live every Saturday afternoon from 2 pm to 3 pm right here on 99.7 WTN.